Thursday, February 17, 2011

Perspective

As I write this my lap is overflowing with two little ones, and I have been up since 2:30 am with a restless baby. My floor is scattered with toys and the dishes undone. In the past I would have woken up with a weight on my back and a grumpy disposition. But today I have decided to lay both aside. Instead of complaining about the toys and lack of sleep, I am going to have a verbal attitude of thankfulness. I am going to smile at my children and speak kindly to them. And as I go throughout my day cleaning the messes that their little hands make I am going to pray that one day God would use those same little hands to build His kingdom. And at the end of the day when my body aches and my mind is exhausted, I am going to thank my Lord for the privilege of serving Him in this way and pray that I can do it better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! First comment! So glad to see you blogging! I will be your biggest stalker... I mean follower. Great post, something we all need to be reminded of each day.

    ReplyDelete